Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO) is a multiplayer FPS (first-person shooter) video game developed by Valve Corporation. CSGO is the fourth game in the Counter-Strike franchise, and was realeased in August 2012.
Here is how it works:
In competitive Esports CSGO is played out as a 5v5 battle between two teams of “terrorists” and “counter-terrorists” on a map.
- Each match consists of a “best of 1 map” (BO1) format, BO3 or a BO5 format. In group stages and smaller tournaments BO1 is the normal standard. In playoff matches, tournament finals and in deciding games the matches are usually played in a BO3 or BO5 format.
- Every map has 30 rounds where the first team to reach 16 won rounds wins the map.
- The teams switch sides (terrorist and counter-terrorist) after 15 rounds played.
- The goal for the terrorist team is to plant a bomb at one of two locations, while the counter-terrorists will defend the locations and prevent the terrorists from planting the bomb. If the bomb is planted it will detonate after 35 seconds.
- A round is won when the bomb has been detonated by the terrorists, all members of a team is dead or if the counter-terrorists are successfully able to defuse the bomb.
Real Money Betting on CS:GO
Just like betting on traditional sports like football, basketball and tennis, many of the largest betting sites now offer CSGO Esports Betting for most premier CS:GO tournaments and leagues.
In CSGO betting there are primarily two different types of betting available: Regular Match Betting and Live Betting.
Regular Match Betting
The simplest and most common way of betting on CS:GO Matches. In Regular Match Betting players have to place their bets before the match starts.
There are lots of different outcomes and results players can bet on in Regular Match Betting, here are some of the most common bets:
- Match Winner
- Map Wins
- Map Scores
- Rounds and Match Handicap
- Pistol Round Winners
- Player Kills
- Tournament Winner
Some CSGO Betting sites offer Live Betting, where players can bet on matches in real-time. Live Bets might have different bets compared to Regular Betting, and will have different odds based on the game’s progression.
In Live Betting you have the unique possibility to predict momentum swings.
Timing is everything, and getting in the right bet at the right time will ultimately determine whether you or the sportsbook end up on the winning side.
Live betting definitely makes a game of Counter-Strike more exciting to watch!